Proposed Barcaldine Region Planning Scheme
NEW PLANNING SCHEME
Have your say
Proposed Barcaldine Region Planning Scheme
incorporating a proposed Planning Scheme Policy
Barcaldine Regional Council is pleased to advise that the proposed Barcaldine Region Planning Scheme is now on public display. Council also proposes to make a new planning scheme policy to be incorporated into the planning scheme. The community and stakeholders are encouraged to review the document and invited to provide feedback.
The purpose of the proposed planning scheme is to shape and manage development in the Barcaldine Region over the next 10-20 years.
The proposed planning scheme (excluding mapping which is downloadable separately below) can be viewed HERE or in person at Council’s Customer Services Offices in Alpha, Jericho, Barcaldine, Aramac and Muttaburra. Interested parties may also request to purchase a copy of the document from council.
Any person can make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed Barcaldine Region Planning Scheme, including the proposed planning scheme policy during the public consultation period.
The public consultation period is from
Monday 5 September 2022 up to and including Tuesday 8 November 2022.
Have your say – making a submission
Council is seeking your feedback before finalising and making a decision to adopt the planning scheme.
For your submission to be properly made – required by legislation to be considered – please:
- make your submission in writing or by email
- include your name and address
- if made in writing, include your signature
- make sure it is received by council, by 5.00pm on Tuesday 8 November 2022.
Your submissions can be given to council by:
- email to email@example.com
- post to PO Box 191, Barcaldine QLD 4725
- in person at Council’s Customer Services Offices in Alpha, Jericho, Barcaldine, Aramac or Muttaburra.
If you have queries about making a submission, contact Jenny Lawrence on 07 4651 5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The proposed Barcaldine Region Planning Scheme
Click on the following to view and download:
Click HERE (PDF 3.17MB) to download a copy of the proposed planning scheme document, excluding mapping which is downloadable separately (due to file size).
To view or download a particular part of the proposed planning scheme click on the links following:
- Parts 1-2 Introductory and administrative matters
- Part 3 Strategic framework
- Part 4 LGIP
- Part 5 Categories of assessment and development – tables of assessment
- Part 6 Zones and zone codes
- Park 7 Overlay codes
- Part 8 Development and use codes
- Schedule 1 Definitions
- Schedule 2 Planning scheme mapping
- Schedule 3 Heritage places
- Schedule 4 LGIP schedules and mapping
- Schedule 5 Planning scheme policy
Click HERE (PDF 13.53MB) to download a set of the proposed planning scheme maps (Schedule 2)
To view or download a particular proposed planning scheme map click on the links following:
Strategic outcome maps
- SOM - 1 Strategic Outcome Map – Barcaldine Region
- SOM - 2 Strategic Outcome Map – Alpha Town
- SOM - 3 Strategic Outcome Map – Jericho Town
- SOM - 4 Strategic Outcome Map – Barcaldine Town
- SOM - 5 Strategic Outcome Map – Aramac Town
- SOM - 6 Strategic Outcome Map – Muttaburra Town
- ZM - 1.0 Zones and Precincts – Region
- ZM - 1.1 Zones and Precincts – Alpha
- ZM - 1.2 Zones and Precincts – Jericho
- ZM - 1.3 Zones and Precincts – Barcaldine
- ZM - 1.4 Zones and Precincts – Aramac
- ZM - 1.5 Zones and Precincts – Muttaburra
- OM - 1 Overlay Map – Barcaldine Airport – Region
- OM - 2.0 Overlay Map – Flood Hazard – Region
- OM - 2.1 Overlay Map – Flood Hazard – Alpha
- OM - 2.2 Overlay Map – Flood Hazard – Jericho
- OM - 2.3 Overlay Map – Flood Hazard – Barcaldine
- OM - 2.4 Overlay Map – Flood Hazard – Barcaldine and surrounds
- OM - 2.5 Overlay Map – Flood Hazard – Aramac
- OM - 2.6 Overlay Map – Flood Hazard – Muttaburra
- OM - 3 Overlay Map – Petroleum and Gas Pipelines – Region
The proposed planning scheme also relies on and refers to the State Planning Policy mapping set out in the table below. This mapping is published by the Queensland Government’s Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning within its State Planning Policy Interactive Mapping System (SPP IMS) accessible via https://planning.statedevelopment.qld.gov.au/planning-framework/mapping
A new planning scheme policy is proposed. The planning scheme policy will be incorporated into the planning scheme document at Schedule 5.
Click HERE (PDF 483.49KB) to view or download a copy of the proposed planning scheme policy.
The following documents support the plan-making process for the proposed planning scheme:
- Natural Hazards Risk and Resilience Report (2022)
- Feasible Alternatives Assessment Report – Flood Hazard (2021)
- Potential Places of Local Heritage Significance Report (2022)
- Potential Places of Local Heritage Significance Report – Appendix B (Place boundary maps)
- BRC Statement of CH Significance Report (2019)
- Amended Section 18 notice issued by the chief executive of the Planning Act 2016
The following fact sheets may assist you in understanding key aspects of the proposed planning scheme and its effect:
- Alpha Dip Yards
- Animal Registration & Permits
- Bin Collection Days
- Proposed Barcaldine Region Planning Scheme
- Building and Planning
- Community Care Services
- Overgrown Allotments
- Pay a Bill
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
- Road Conditions
- Town Commons
- Water Restrictions
- Weeds & Pest Animals