2018 Christmas Lights Competition
It's time to deck the halls, untangle the tinsel and light up the neighbourhood for your chance to win!
Proudly brought to you by Barcaldine Regional Council
No nomination required and entry is free!
Winners announced Wednesday 19 December 2018
Download Competition Flyer
Vouchers will be awarded for:
- Commercial/Community Group
- People's Choice
All Barcaldine Regional Council residents, businesses and community groups are encouraged to shine bright and light up the night in this year’s Christmas Lights Competition.
Conditions of entry
- Lights will be judged from the street in front of the premises.
- The competition is available to all residents of the Barcaldine Regional Council.
- All participants are encouraged to have their Christmas lights on display from 7.00pm to 9.00pm during December. Judging will take place between Wednesday 12 and Tuesday 18 December 2018.
- To allow as many people as possible to enjoy the displays, all entrants are requested to observe the nightly 9.00pm finish.
- Displays may be a combination of Christmas lights and decorations.
- Entrants must accept responsibility for the safety on the property with issues pertaining to, but not limited to electricity, pedestrians, equipment, decorations and insurance.
- No liability will be accepted by Barcaldine Regional Council for any consequences arising out of entry to the competition.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into by Council. If you choose to have a lights display but do not want to be included in the competition please advise your local Council office.