Community update videos
Community update 14 - Monday 6 April 2020
• Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Stay at home if you are unwell.
• Practise social distancing, keeping 1.5 m away from others.
• Cover your mouth or nose with your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
• Use disposable tissues and dispose of them in a bin.
• Regularly wipe down surfaces with disinfectant.
• Avoid contact with anyone showing adverse respiratory symptoms.
• Adhere to the Australian Government's 14-day quarantine requirement if returning from overseas or interstate.
Community update 12 - Monday 30 March 2020
• Thank you to residents for their efforts in keeping the Central West coronavirus free.
• Council operations are deemed essential services so we will continue to operate including water, sewerage, waste, cleaning and road services.
• Local Government Elections were held on the weekend and counting of the votes is underway. The results will be declared by Electoral Commission Queensland on Wednesday 8 April 2020.
• Please, where possible, stay home.
Community update 10 - Thursday 26 March 2020
• Number one priority is social distancing, limiting gatherings and hygiene
• Local Business Directory is available on Council's website and Facebook page
• Further closures to Council facilities with the Playgrounds and Skate Parks closing at 7.00am on Monday 30 March 2020
• Mental Health support available via Outback Futures, https://outbackfutures.org.au/
Community update 7 - Monday 23 March 2020
• Closure of Council facilities including Swimming Pools, Information Centres, Showgrounds and Sporting Facilities
• No known cases in the Central West
• Thank you to the businesses who have put safety measures in place and securing their supply lines.
Community update 3 - Wednesday 18 March 2020
Five things we can do:
• Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rubs
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing
• Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth and avoid shaking hands
• Stay home if you are unwell
• Stay at least 1.5 metres away from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
- Aged Care & Disability Programs
- Community Projects
- Drought Assistance Information
- Grants and Funding
- Helpful Links
- Liquor Licensing
- Regional Road Map and Town Maps
- Tourism and Small Business Project
- Venues for Hire
- Youth Programs