Building and Planning
A Building Development Application is required to be submitted for most building works undertaken within the Barcaldine Region. The application maybe assessed by Council or you can contact a Private Certifier.
To download the Application Forms and Guidelines please visit the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning website www.dilgp.qld.gov.au
For Building fees please view the Barcaldine Regional Council Fees and Charges for 2018/2019.
For any Building or Planning enquiries, please contact any Barcaldine Regional Council Office.
Planning and Control Measures - Alpha and Jericho
At its General Meeting held on 11 May 2011, Council adopted the following Planning and Control Measures for the townships of Alpha and Jericho:
- Council adopts the following Planning and Control Measures for future development in Jericho:
"The minimum building floor height (distance from the ground to the bottom of the floor bearer) of any new structure constructed in the Jericho Town Area must be 300mm above the highest levels determined by the 2002 Jericho Town Flood Mitigation Study by Connell Wagner and any structure, including any associated works, must not in any way redirect flood waters."; and
- Council adopts the following Planning and Control Measures for future development in Alpha:
"The minimum building floor height (distance from the ground to the bottom of the floor bearer) of any new structure constructed in the Alpha Town Area must be 300mm above the levels determined by the 1990 historic event as described in the Alpha Town Flood Mitigation Report compiled by Connell Wagner in clauses 10.2.3 and 10.2.4 as equivalent to the 1990 information available and any structure, including any associated works, must not in any way redirect flood waters.".
Infrastructure Charges - Adopted 27 April 2016
At the General Meeting of Council held on 27 April 2016, it was resolved as follows:-
"That Council does not prepare a Local Government Infrastructure Plan as required by the Sustainable Planning Act and that Council ceases to charge Adopted Infrastructure Charges effective immediately and that:-
- pursuant 631(3)(a) of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (SPA), Barcaldine Regional Council declares there is no adopted charge for all of the former Barcaldine, Aramac and Jericho Shire Local Government Areas; and
- pursuant to section 630(3) of the SPA, this resolution takes effect on 3 May 2016."
Town Planning Schemes
Building and Planning Forms
- Alpha Dip Yards
- Animal Registration & Permits
- Bin Collection Days
- Building and Planning
- Overgrown Allotments
- Pay a Bill
- Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
- Road Conditions
- Town Commons
- Water Restrictions
- Weeds & Pest Animals