Central West Mental Health & ATODS have partnered with Royal Flying Doctor Service, Anglicare, Medicare Local, Rural Family Support and Queensland Ambulance Service to form a Central West Drought Response group. The services are working together with a view to supporting Central West community members affected by the current drought conditions. For more information on assistance available please click on the following links.
- Assistance Available
- Lifeline - Getting through floods, drought and extreme climate events
- Caring for Mental Health in your community
- Drought Information and Assistance contacts
- Lifeline - Helping someone at risk of Suicide
- Beyondblue - Reducing stress
- What is Financial Pressure
- RFDS - Social and Emotional Wellbeing Program
- Anglicare - Healthy Minds Program
The Bush Bible
A guide to Drought Assistance Schemes and Support Programs for Western Queensland targeting the Barcaldine, Barcoo, Blackall/Tambo, Boulia, Diamantina, Longreach, Richmond and Winton Shire areas. For more information, please click here.
All enquiries regarding drought declarations, please contact the Drought Hotline 1800 025 656 or Lew Markey on 4650 1260 or 0429 053045.