PUBLIC PLACE ACTIVITY - INFORMATION BULLETIN
Council regulates public place activities to ensure these activities are carried out in a safe manner for road users and pedestrians.
Who needs an approval?
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity e.g. person(s) or Company - not a business name or shop name.
Activities for which an approval is required?
Approval Required for Undertaking Regulated Activities on Local Government Controlled Areas and Roads.
Separate approval is required of the activity is a commercial activity, ie. vending.
Payment of application fee is required with a roadside vendor application. An annual renewal application is applicable for this service.
- Annual Licence Fee - $200
- Annual Licence Fee (Local business) - $25
- Annual Licence Fee (non-profit organisation) - Nil
How to apply
To apply for a public place activity permit you must:
- Review SL 1.14 Undertaking Regulated Activities in Local Government Controlled Areas and Roads 2011
- Review the Transport and Main Roads Vending on State Roads Guide
- Complete the Public Place Activity Application
- Submit the application with the prescribed application fee. You need to attach the following documentation to the application: proof of public liability insurance policy and If providing food of any sort, copy of Food Business Licence
Note: Separate approval is required for a commercial activity
Lodgement of your Application
MAIL: Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 191, Barcaldine Qld 4725
IN PERSON: Alpha 43 Dryden Street, Alpha
Aramac 35 Gordon Street, Aramac
Barcaldine 71 Ash Street, Barcaldine
If you have any further queries please contact any of the Administration Offices during Office hours.