PUBLIC NOTICE - LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 2009
- Barcaldine Regional Council ("Council") has proposed to make Animal Management (Amendment) Subordinate Local Law (No.1) 2017 "the proposed subordinate local law").
- Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011 authorises the making of the proposed suborinate local law.
- The propsed subordinate local law amends Subordinate Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2011.
- The purpose and general effect of the proposed subordinate local law is to identify, as a minimum standard for the keeping of animals, and in particular dogs, a requirement for the registration of the dog in the circumstances required under the Animal Management (cats and Dogs) Act 2008.
- Written submissions by any person in support of, or objecting to, the proposed subordinate local law are invited for a 21 day period commencing on Monday 20 February 2017 and ending on Monday 13 March 2017 (the "consultation period").
- During the consultation period Council will make available for inspection and purchase at Council's public office at Alpha Office, 43 Dryden Street, Alpha, Aramac Office, 35 Gordon Street, Aramac, Barcaldine Office, 71 Ash Street, Barcaldine, Jericho Office, 6 Darwin Street, Jericho, Muttaburra Office, 20 Bruford Street, Muttaburra, copies of the proposed subordinate local law.
- Submissions must be received on or before Monday 13 March 2017 stating-
(a) the grounds of the submission; and
(b) the facts and circumstances relied on in support of the grounds.
Chief Executive Officer