ROADSIDE VENDORS - INFORMATION BULLETIN
Council regulates roadside vendors to ensure these activities are carried out in a safe manner for road users and pedestrians. This activity means the commercial supply of goods or services on a road.
Roadside vending can involve travelling from place to place on a road and the waving down of the person operating the roadside vending by a customer (mobile roadside vending) or the activity being established in one place (stationary roadside vending). This approval does not apply to footpath dining activities.
Who needs an approval?
The applicant for an approval must be a legal entity e.g. person(s) or Company - not a business name or shop name.
Activities for which an approval is required?
Any supply of goods or services (including food or drink or both) on a Council controlled road.
Payment of application fee is required with a roadside vendor application. An annual renewal application is applicable for this service.
- Annual Licence Fee - $200
- Annual Licence Fee (Local Business) - $25
- Annual Licence Fee (non-profit organisation) - Nil
How to apply
To apply for a stationary/mobile roadside vending permit you must:
- Review the Commercial use of Local Government Areas and Roads 2011 Local Law.
- Review the Transport and Main Roads Vending on State Roads Guide.
- Complete the Roadside Vendor Application, please click here to download.
- Submit the application with the prescribed application fee. You need to attach the following documentation to the application: proof of public liability insurance policy and if providing food of any sort, copy of Food Business Licence.
Lodgement of your Application
MAIL: Chief Executive Officer, PO Box 191, Barcaldine Q 4725
IN PERSON: Alpha: 43 Dryden Street, Alpha
Aramac: 35 Gordon Street, Aramac
Barcaldine: 71 Ash Street, Barcaldine
If you have any further queries please contact any of the Administration Offices during Office hours.